Do I have a background in this? Not really, except for making monsters.
What will this need, what's the pitch?
|The armadillo lizard, totally the style of dragon I wanna design.|
- A Sculpted dragon head.
- Larger than a normal human head to appear as a large character. (22"+)
- Multi-part Fibreglass mould to be able to cast the character from.
- Using this to cast a character with a soft skin, and a hard under-skull separately.
- Animatronically controlled pieces.
- At least the eyes lids and the mouth being electrically driven.
- Controlled by a single operator.
- Every functions can be controlled by a single operator behind a curtain.
- Vision systems for the operator.
- A camera mounted in the mask feeding through to video goggles behind.
- A frame to hold the face up as a neck.
- So the head can poke out behind a curtain to be interacted with one side, and operated the other side.
|Handsome fellow from http://cordelia-shemo.blogspot.co.uk/and is a great inspiration|
- Silicone skin over a fiberglass, or resin cast skull.
- Less of a skill thing, the skin is going to be latex, but if I can afford it the professionals use Silicone for the skin.
- Fully expressive face!
- A full eye mechanism, eyebrows, nostril flare, lip movement, ability to smile and a waggling tongue. All controlled by arduinos.
- Head Tracking mechamism for full immersion.
- A 2 Axis gyroscope/accelerometer to track where you are looking and translating that to servos controlling the head position, for a full VR experince with the video goggles.
- Jaw Tracking technology.
- Automatic jaw tracking to lip sync the mask to the operator. (I have already mocked this up, so I may be cheating)
- A fully decorated neck.
- The extension of the neck frame being a fully constructed neck, likely made of foam and latex and painted up much like the head.
- Dragon Legs!
- Chunky legs on sticks to poke through under the curtain to make it look like a sitting dog, and maybe so it can be handed things.
- Audio Systems.
- A way of listening through the mask and a voice changer attached to a speaker to speak out of the mask.
- Anything else I can think of!
- Give me suggestions as we go.
This is ambitious. But those who follow me on Facebook will be aware I've started and you know what, I mean to finish.
|That's her tastey side.|
I'm not pen and pencil artist sadly, but I've included reference images I'll be working from, animals or other artwork that are inspirations for the sculpt I want. I have loads of other images but I don't want to bore you by showing you through them all one by one.
|It's his good side.|
Who fancies joining team Armoured Brownies through this ordeal? (Digitally at least.)